kahneks

Buresh on Books

I am a working mother of four children: 2 girls, and 2 boys. I enjoy quilting, sports and of course - reading!

Allegiant
Veronica Roth
Progress: 75 %
Master of Crows
Grace Draven
Progress: 50 %
Rocket Boys: A Memoir (Audio) - Homer Hickam, Beau Bridges This book left me with a really good feeling. It reminds me of the movie, Stand By Me. This story is about a group of young boys that are from a small town - and they end up doing great things. Of course, no one expects them to do anything but work in the coal mines. This group of boys aspire to do something larger than life, and it makes you believe if you work hard enough at acheiving your goals - the sky is the limit! Unlike Stand By Me this story is based on true events instead of eating contests and finding dead bodies. It is totally G rated. I find that most G rated stories are a little lame. But this is a good one. I enjoyed listening to it. Key word there is listening. This is one book that the audio is better than the book IMO. I don't think I can say that about too many books but in this case - it is true. Narrated by Beau Bridges. Beau gets into the characters and you can tell he read and liked the story on a personal level. I have read books that I adore and reread them using the audio version, and it just isn't the same. I would go so far as to say, if I had of listened to those cherished books first - I don't think I would have loved them as much. (This probably only happens to me...)Not with the Rocket Boys. Beau does a wonderful job. If you are looking for a quick, fun, clean,inspiring change of pace...give this a go.You might be pleasantly surprised. I know I was.