kahneks

Buresh on Books

I am a working mother of four children: 2 girls, and 2 boys. I enjoy quilting, sports and of course - reading!

Allegiant
Veronica Roth
Progress: 75 %
Master of Crows
Grace Draven
Progress: 50 %
Darkhouse - Karina Halle Recommended by Regina; solid 4 stars! This is just what I needed...I haven't read a book where I highlighted any good parts for QUITE some time. I think the main character is a medium; and maybe Dex too - the book doesn't come right out and say this...(but that is what I think they are.) Without revealing too much, Perry and Dex cross paths and end up trying to capture a ghost on film that is haunting an old lighthouse. Then finally starting a webshow about ghost hunting. There are a couple of interesting plot twists that I really enjoyed. I can't remember reading a book based on ghosts that I have enjoyed more. This is a great start to this series...my favorite parts are any scene with Dex and my favorite lines were: (1) I felt like I was about to go on a very bad date. (2) I had a sudden urge to jump out of the car. I wondered at what speed that would become a stupid idea. (3) Okay, maybe it wasn't that unfortunate. the seats themselves were damp and a bit moldy, whereas Dex's leg was firm and warm. Did I mention firm? and warm? I think the heroine is very funny...can't wait to read the next one.